Boomer Benefits: The Perks Of Choosing A Medicare Advantage Plan
January 19, 2023 at 17:09
Fort Worth, Texas -
Boomer Benefits, an insurance agency based in Fort Worth, TX, is reaching out to highlight the benefits of getting a Medicare Advantage plan. The company chose to share this information in a recent blog post, published on its official website. The agency is licensed in 49 states and works with national insurance carriers, such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna, Mutual of Omaha and many other A-rated carriers. Learn more here: https://boomerbenefits.com/why-would-someone-choose-a-medicare-advantage-plan/.
In the blog post, titled ‘Why Would Someone Choose a Medicare Advantage Plan?’ by Danielle Kunkle Roberts, the first paragraph addresses the two available options for cost sharing help that is available for medical expenses. To quote the post, “A Medigap plan, also known as a Medicare Supplement, or Medicare Part C, more widely known as Medicare Advantage. Medicare Advantage is an alternative to Medicare and has become quite controversial in the Medicare world. Still, almost 30 million people across the nation choose a Medicare Advantage plan for coverage.”
Medicare Advantage plans have many benefits and drawbacks. Medicare Advantage plans, a replacement for traditional Medicare, are offered by commercial insurance providers. When a person selects an Advantage plan, they decide to have the insurance company handle all of their Medicare benefits (Part A, Part B and Part D). The pricing of these plans will differ from one plan to the next, but they must provide the same benefits as Medicare Parts A and B. Plans for Medicare Advantage also have network limitations. The carrier will establish a network of medical professionals and pharmacies for the person, along with their cost-sharing percentages. A person will be locked into their plan for a whole calendar year. As a result, it is crucial to compare pricing between different plans.
The post also discusses the advantages of this plan. Medicare Advantage plans, in contrast to Medigap plans, cannot reject an applicant on the grounds of pre-existing medical conditions. A person cannot be denied coverage because of their health because advantage plan providers do not ask health-related questions on applications. Many carriers provide low or even $0 plan premiums because Medicare Advantage plans have higher out-of-pocket costs than Medigap. For some seniors who are healthy and may not visit the doctor frequently or those on a stricter budget, the amount a person could save in monthly premiums compared to Medigap policies is well worth it! Part B covers 80% of outpatient treatments for those with Original Medicare. The individual is then responsible for the remaining 20%. Unfortunately, there is no restriction on how much that 20% can become. A person will have a yearly maximum out-of-pocket expense with a Medicare Advantage plan. The cost of the possible medical services will never go over a set limit, regardless of how high they might be.
Since there are several different rate types for Medigap policies, some people may see an increase in their premiums as they get older. The plan premium for Medicare Advantage plans will not change as a result of this, either. Once enrolled in an Advantage plan, a person may come to discover that it is not the right choice for them. Fortunately, they have two opportunities each year to adjust their plans. An annual notice of change letter outlining the alterations to the existing plan for the following year will be sent to them each year. If they do not want to, they are not required to accept the adjustments.
By changing plans, they can make sure that the current plan is always the best fit for their healthcare needs and financial situation. One less ID card to remember is another advantage of having Medicare Advantage coverage. Further, benefits for both prescription drugs and medical care are combined. Some carriers include extra benefits with their plans, like dental coverage, reimbursement for Part B premiums or a gym membership, in exchange for higher out-of-pocket expenses. A few more advantages of the Medicare Advantage plans are also covered in the blog post.
Boomer Benefits is a nationwide insurance agency for national insurance carriers that was established in 2005. The company is widely known as the de facto insurance provider for baby boomers as a result of its extensive knowledge of Medicare, gained over several years in the industry. Additionally, there is never a fee for the services provided; Boomer Benefits’ consulting is free. Those interested may visit their official website, give them a call or send them an email to get more information about the services they provide.
For more information about Boomer Benefits, contact the company here:
2601 Meacham Blvd STE 500, Fort Worth, TX 76137, United States